This recipe is posted and property of https://www.thefoodinmybeard.com/recipe/rumchata-bacon-donuts/
- 2 3/4 cups Flour sifted
- 1 packet instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup RumChata
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons RumChata (approx)
- 6 strips Bacon cooked and crumbled
- Mix the flour with the yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Microwave the RumChata with the butter until butter is melted. Whisk to combine.
- Mix the RumChata mixture with the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the egg and yolk and mix about 5 minutes to knead.
- Allow to rise until doubled, about 2 hours.
- Roll the dough out and cut your donuts with cookie cutters or glasses.
- Allow to rise again for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the RumChata with the powdered sugar, adding more RumChata if needed to form a glaze consistency.
- Bring about 2 inches of oil to 350 in a heavy frying pan.
- Fry the donuts about 15 seconds on the first side, then flip and fry 1 minute. Flip again and fry about 30 to 35 seconds until browned evenly.
- Remove from oil and allow to cool and dry on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Glaze the donuts and immediately top with bacon. Serve.