This recipe is posted and property of https://www.thefoodinmybeard.com/recipe/rumchata-bacon-donuts/
- 2 3/4 cups Flour sifted
- 1 packet instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup RumChata
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons RumChata (approx)
- 6 strips Bacon cooked and crumbled
- Mix the flour with the yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Microwave the RumChata with the butter until butter is melted. Whisk to combine.
- Mix the RumChata mixture with the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the egg and yolk and mix about 5 minutes to knead.
- Allow to rise until doubled, about 2 hours.
- Roll the dough out and cut your donuts with cookie cutters or glasses.
- Allow to rise again for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the RumChata with the powdered sugar, adding more RumChata if needed to form a glaze consistency.
- Bring about 2 inches of oil to 350 in a heavy frying pan.
- Fry the donuts about 15 seconds on the first side, then flip and fry 1 minute. Flip again and fry about 30 to 35 seconds until browned evenly.
- Remove from oil and allow to cool and dry on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Glaze the donuts and immediately top with bacon. Serve.
This post is posted and property of http://www.spoonforkbacon.com/2016/10/baked-spinach-and-artichoke-mac-and-cheese/
Baked Spinach and Artichoke Mac and Cheese
Serves 6 to 8
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and divided
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 1/4 cups whole milk
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 ounces shredded white cheddar cheese, plus more for sprinkling on top
4 ounces shredded fontina cheese, plus more for sprinkling on top
16 ounces frozen spinach, thawed with excess water squeezed out
1 (15 ounce) can whole artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1 pound cavatappi pasta, cooked al dente and drained
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Lightly grease a 13”x9” baking dish and set aside.
2. Place butter into a medium pot and melt over medium-high heat.
3. Add flour and stir together to create a roux. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in milk and continue to stir until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Stir in cream cheese and continue to stir until no lumps remain. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Stir in cheeses, 2 ounces at a time, until fully incorporated and mixture is smooth. Stir in the spinach and adjust seasonings.
5. Place cooked pasta in a large mixing bowl and pour spinach-cheese sauce over. Stir together until all the pasta is well coated. Fold in the quartered artichoke hearts and adjust seasonings.
6. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with extra shredded cheese.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and slightly browned on top.
8. Cool for about 10 minutes, scoop and serve.
This picture and recipe are posted and property of http://www.spoonforkbacon.com/2016/01/lasagna-roll-ups/
Lasagna Roll Ups
Makes 12 roll ups
24 ounces part-skim ricotta
1 large egg
2 ounce shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 bunch kale, blanched, drained (with as much liquid squeezed out) and chopped
ground turkey filling:
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
3 tablespoons minced oregano
1 1/2 tablespoons minced basil
1 cup marinara sauce
12 dry lasagna sheets (with fluted edges), boiled
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. Place all the ricotta filling ingredients into a mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix together until fully combined. Set aside.
3. Pour oil into a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic, turkey, oregano, and basil and continue to sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and continue to sauté for 1 minute. Stir in marinara sauce and mix until just combined. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool slightly.
4. To assemble: Pour 1 1/2 cups marinara into the bottom of an 8”x8” baking dish and set aside. Pace a cooked lasagna sheet onto a clean surface and top with a thin layer of the ricotta filling. Top the ricotta filling with a thin layer of the meat filling and tightly roll the lasagna sheet up completely. Carefully place it into the prepared baking dish, spiral side-up. Repeat until all of the sheets and filling have been used and snuggly fit into the baking dish.
5. Place baking dish in the oven for about 25 minutes. Remove from oven, allow the dish to cool slightly and serve.